Indian Statistical Service
- Statistics I & II will be of Objective Type Questions (80 questions with maximum marks of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- Statistics III & IV will be of Descriptive Type having Short Answer/ Small Problems Questions (50%) and Long Answer and Comprehension problem questions (50%). At least one Short Answer and One Long Answer Question from each section is compulsory. In Statistics-IV, equal number of questions i.e. 50% weightage from all the sub-sections below and candidates have to choose any two sub-sections and answer.
- The papers on General English and General Studies, common to both Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service will be of subjective type.
- The details of standard and syllabi for the examination are given in Section-II below.
- The question papers in all subjects will be of Conventional (essay) type except in Statistics Paper I and Statistics Paper II which are Objective Type Papers.
- All question papers must be answered in English; question papers will be set in English only.
(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2017 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987 and not later than 1st August, 1996.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/-. Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply Online using the www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website.