Staff Selection Commission
Junior Engineer Examination, 2017
Staff Selection Commission(SSC) conducts Junior Engineer Examination every year for the following posts mentioned below. SSC has issued notification for the recritment in the current year and registration process has begun. Candidates of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Degree can go through the following details and apply for their preferenced posts.
For detailed information on age, posts, and examination please refer the official notification issed by the SSC on 21-10-2017 HERE
Candidate may note that only online application will be accepted at http://ssconline.nic.in.
Rupees one hundred ONLY Rs. 100/-
Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC, ST, Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation) are exempted from paying application fee as per extant Government Orders.
17-11-2017 (Upto 5.00 PM).
Who can APPLY?
Candidates upto 32 years and 30 years of Age Limit as on 1st January 2018 with following educational qualifications.
|Post Name||Age Limit
(must not be born before)
|1||Central Water Commission||JE, Civil||Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised University or Institution|
|2||Central Water Commission||JE, Mechanical||Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institution.|
|3||CPWD||JE, Civil||Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.|
|4||CPWD||JE, Electrical||Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute.|
|5||Department of Post||JE, Civil||Three years Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government.|
|6||MES||JE, Civil||Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University
(I)Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board; and
(II) Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Civil Engineering works.
|7||MES||JE, Electrical and Mechanical||Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University;
(I) Three years diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board; and
(II) Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering works.
|8||MES||JE, Quality Surveying and Contract||<(I)3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognised institute/University/Board or equivalent;
(II) Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional -II of the institute of Surveyors (India).
|9||Farrakka Barrage (Project)||JE, Civil||Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised University or Institute|
|10||Farrakka Barrage (Project)||JE, Electrical||Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute.|
|11||Farrakka Barrage (Project)||JE, Mechanical||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute.|
|12||Director General Border Roads Organisation||JE, Civil||Three years Diploma in civil engineering or equivalent from the recognised University or Institute.
Two years working experience in the field of civil construction in monitoring and executive of projects.
|13||Director General Border Roads Organisation||JE, Electrical||Three years Diploma in Electrical Engineeringfrom the recognised University or Institute.
Two years working experience in the field of Electrical a area of construction in monitoring and executive of projects.
|14||Director General Border Roads Organisation||JE, Mechanical||Three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from the recognised University or Institute.
Two years working experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering in a area of construction in monitoring and executive of projects.
|15||Central Water Power Research Station.||JE, Civil||Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised University.|
|16||Central Water Power Research Station.||JE, Electrical||Diploma in Electrical from a recognised University.|
|17||Dte of Quality Assurance(Naval)||JE, Mechanical||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from any recognised University/Institution; and
Two years experience in respective fields i.e.,
Either of the field assurance/quality control/ production/manufacturing and testing of marine engineering propulsion system including turbines, power generation equipment, hydraulic system, as conditioning/refrigeration, pumps values, gears and gear trains, boilers, cranes/winches/load handling devices etc. including knowledge of various standard and their interpretation.
|18||Dte of Quality Assurance(Naval)||JE, Electrical||Diploma in Electrical Engineering from any recognised University / Institution; and
Two years experience in respective fields i.e.
Either of the field assurance / quality control / production / manufacturing and testing of switch gears, cables, converters, light and light fitting, motors, generators, drives and control systems, airfield lighting equipment, Electronics / Radar / Radio / Telecommunication equipment, electro hydraulic system, programmable logic controller based systems, printed circuit boards / instrumentation, software development and validation, network control system etc. including knowledge of various standard and their interpretation and their interpretation.
|19||National Technical Research Organisation||JE, Civil||Diploma in Civil Engineering from recognised University/Institution.|
|20||National Technical Research Organisation||JE, Electrical||Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognised University/Institution.|
|21||National Technical Research Organisation||JE, Mechanical||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognised University/Institution.|
Scheme of Examination
[10 AM to 12 Noon]
[2 PM to 4 PM]
In the Examination (both Objective & Conventional) candidates have to attend their respective engineering part only in both Paper-I and Paper-II. i.e. Part A for Civil Engineering, Part B for Electrical and Part C for Mechanical Engineering.
Important Instructions to Candidates:
- The Examination will comprise of a Computer Based Examination for Paper-I and written examination for Paper-II.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the application is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of document verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission„s decision shall be final.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice.
- They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim at the time of document verification.
- Candidates with physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (PH) and entitled to reservation for PH. The Posts are not identified suitable for VH persons.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contract) Examination 2017. Therefore the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filing their application forms. At the time of appearing in examination the candidates will be required to submit an undertaking that he/she has submitted only one application.