Indian Economic Service
- The papers on General English and General Studies, common to both Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service will be of subjective type.
- All other papers of Indian Economic Service will be of subjective type.
- The details of standard and syllabi for the examination are given in Section-II below.
- The question papers in all subjects in Indian Economic Service Examination will be of Conventional (essay) type.
- All question papers must be answered in English; question papers will be set in English only.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2017 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987 and not later than 1st August, 1996.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Economtrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/-. Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply Online using the www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website.