DOWNLOAD Syllabus here
DOWNLOAD Plan & Scheme of Examination here
DOWNLOAD Notification here
(common for all category)
Note I: Candidates competing for selection to the posts of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects mentioned against respective category above.
Note II: Candidates competing for selection for both the posts of Geologist and Jr. Hydrogeologist will be required to appear in all the subjects mentioned against Categories 1 and 4 above.
Note III: If any candidate failed to appear in any one or more of above papers, meant for written examination for selection to the post of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, their candidature shall stand rejected and part of written examination appeared by him/her shall not be evaluated and counted for any purpose.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
1. The examination shall be conducted according to the following Plan:
a) Written examination
b) Interview for personality Test of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
2. The examination in all the subjects will be of conventional (essay) type.
3. The standard of the paper in General English will be such as may be expected of a science graduate. The papers on geological subjects will be approximately of the M.Sc. degree standard of an Indian University and questions will generally be set to test the candidate’s grasp of the fundamentals in each subject.
4. All Question papers must be answered in English. The Question Papers will be set in English only.
5. The standard and syllabus of the examination will be as shown in the Schedule.
6. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
7. The Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
8. If a candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him/her.
9. Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
10. Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.
11. In the question papers wherever necessary, questions involving the Metric System of Weights and Measures only will be set.
12. Candidates should use only International form of Indian numerals (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc) while answering question papers.
13. Candidates are permitted to bring and use battery operated pocket calculators for answering papers in this examination
14. Interview for Personality Test: The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/ her career. The object of the interview is to assess his/her suitability for the posts for which he/she has competed. Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assessing the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.